Is It Time for a Transportation Management System? How You Know When You Need More Than Just Shipping Software.
Efficient, cost-effective transportation management is the very cornerstone of strong, lasting supplier-customer relationships. When the goods arrive on time, damage-free, and to the right location, your company becomes a “hero” that customers come back to time and time again. When shipments are late or damaged in today’s same-day and next-day environment, customers go elsewhere. Managing transportation effectively is one of the most important things your company does, but getting it right every time can be a challenge.
Here are five telltale signs that it's time to transform the way you manage transportation:
- Your team is making multiple phone calls and sending multiple email messages to make sure shipments are covered.
- You don’t have freight spend visibility across your business.
- You wonder if you could be saving more on your shipping.
- Managing multiple dispatches at the same time is an ongoing struggle that your current solution doesn’t support very well.
- You have a group of preferred carriers, but you:
- Never really know if you are getting the most cost-effective rate
- Have no easy way of evaluating carrier performance without multiple spreadsheets and website visits
- When a customer asks for shipment status, you have to go to multiple websites or make numerous calls to get the information that you need
- Not everyone in your organization who needs visibility into shipment status gets it
- Getting a new lane covered, or finding additional capacity for an existing lane is a time consuming project without multiple spreadsheets and website visits
The good news is that there are steps you can take to achieve best-in-class transportation management status.
To learn more, attend the November 2, 4 PM ET webinar to see a transport management system in action – one that integrates with Made2Manage and Intuitive ERP.