The Landscape for Manufacturing Sales Tax Is Changing – Are You Prepared to Keep Up?
It’s tough to get all the details of manufacturing sales tax right. You have 1000s of SKUs that have different taxability rules from state to state, you have too many exemption certificates to keep track of, and — worst of all — you have to track you own internal inventory because items used internally are taxed differently than if you were to sell the same item.
Simply put, sales and use taxes are a mess for manufacturers – and since the landmark South Dakota v. Wayfair case was ruled in favor of the state, you can bet that your tax calculations aren’t going to get any easier anytime soon.
Luckily, you have a way to ensure that your taxes are calculated properly and effortlessly. View the on-demand webinar to learn about the changing landscape for manufacturing sales taxes and how you can make tax management easy with Avalara AvaTax. Watch it here.
Why Choose Avalara AvaTax?
Your M2M manufacturing software or Intuitive manufacturing software solution does a good job handling your day-to-day operational needs, but ERPs don’t have much built-in functionality for handling the modern shifting sales tax compliance landscape for manufacturers.
Avalara AvaTax does.
The automated, cloud-based, end-to-end tax compliance solution, Avalara AvaTax, helps your company:
- Ensure accurate, real-time tax rate calculations in the 12,000+ jurisdictions across the U.S.
- Map rates to exact “to the rooftop” locations, using cutting-edge geospatial locational technology
- Get free filing in 24 states, with the Streamlined Sales Tax (SST) program
- Easily handle expanding economic nexus rules for all the states you do business in
- Manage exemption certificates, ensuring that they’re properly filled out and up to date at all times
- Export your data for easy filing, or outsource your entire filing process with Avalara Returns (optional add-on)
But all that is only the tip of the iceberg. Avalara can do so much more.
Get the Facts on How to Succeed with Manufacturing Sales Tax
As we’re heading into Q3 and the mad rush that defines end-of-year sales, it’s a good idea to take a quick break so you can learn how to save time and ensure accuracy in your sales and use tax calculation, collection, remittance, and filing processes.
Attend the one-hour webinar brought to you by PeopleSense and Avalara, so you can learn about:
- Best practices for exemptions management
- The shifting sales tax reporting requirements for manufacturers in 2019
- How the compliance landscape has changed recently
In addition, you’ll get to see Avalara in action, which means you’ll see why manufacturers across the U.S. trust Avalara AvaTax to handle every aspect of their sales and use tax procedures, on every transaction, every day.
Sales tax is hard to calculate, bit Avalara AvaTax makes it easy. Find out more when you attend the webinar.
View the on-demand webinar, “Tax Compliance for Manufacturers – Understanding Today’s Regulatory Landscape,” so you can see why manufacturers and tax professionals alike trust Avalara AvaTax to get manufacturing sales tax right the first time.